Pathways: The new educational program per Toastmasters International
|The new educational program from Toastmasters International®
||Toastmasters Pathways learning experience – What is Pathways?
1. Why is the education program changing?
In the 2010 strategic plan, the Toastmasters Board of Directors called for the education program to be revitalized. The Board stressed the need to modernize the communication track as well as renew the focus on leadership learning in the leadership track.
The traditional education program has served Toastmasters for many years. However, much of the communication track hasn’t been updated since the 1970s. The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience is not a departure from the current program, because it builds on the established educational foundation. Pathways is a modernized learning experience suited to our changing global society. It offers you more benefits and more opportunities to learn, grow and meet personal and professional goals. You now have the opportunity to develop additional skills you can use not just in your club, but at your job or in your community as well.
More information here
2. Why is Pathways valuable to me?
The many benefits to members will include:
* A learning experience tailored to your personal and professional goals
* The opportunity to develop many skills relevant to an evolving global marketplace
* Recognition of educational achievements that will come earlier and more frequently
* New technological resources to improve speeches and support meeting roles
* Online access to educational materials
* Videos that model the skills you are learning
3. What are the paths available? 10 Paths information PDF